Tuesday, December 3, 2013

#2 someone's Sleeping In My Grave Again. I Feel It...


I tell everyone that I invented these guys before I really knew how to draw hair. Actually, I have the original doodles from the old days, the prototype drawings. I think I was just screwing around, drawing odd things and these came out. The image was striking and really grabbed people.

Later, when Terry Beatty and Denis Kitchen came to me and and wanted a contribution to MOD, the first "Punk Rock/New Wave" comic book, I gave them 5 pages of these guys. At the time I already had a few done, but knocked out a few more that evening. I was getting $35 a page and remember thinking: "Wow, if I could 4 or 5 of these a day, I could live off that."

I miss being that naive and optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment